Monday, January 28, 2008

Ten Things

I have been "tagged" my cousin's wife, Amy, to disclose 10 things about Elias right now. What a fun idea and let this be a tag for Shannon and Katie to do the same! Shannon had just posted some cute things about Chase, but I think she'll be able to come up with more! = )
1. Elias' babbling voice is the most beautiful sound. He is doing lots more of it and it's so funny to try and imagine what he is saying.
2. Elias RUNS! He runs around the house, after balls, in circles, and anywhere there is open space.
3. Music is his thing. Listening to it calms him down and makes him smile. He loves "If you're happy and you know it" and especially likes stomping his feet.
4. Elias would watch videos 24 hours a day if we'd let him. As it is, we let him watch one a day...either in the morning if I need to get a shower or in the evening when I am cooking dinner.
5. He loves Elmo. I believe he was born loving Elmo, as most toddlers seem to have a particular affinity for the cuddly red monster. We just bought an Elmo DVD about the potty, as well as an Elmo sound book. We figure if anyone can potty train Elias, Elmo can.
6. Elias loves dogs. He runs after them at parks and says "awwwww" when he sees pictures of them, along with saying "dog." We'd have gotten him one months ago if we weren't all allergic to fur!
7. Elias is not a big fan of peanut butter, which as inconvenient as this is, makes me smile because I don't like it either. Maybe there is some glimmer of him being like me....although from looking at pictures, you'd never tell!
8. His shoe size is 8 1/2 XW. His left foot is actually a 7 1/2 XW and the right is 8xw, but we just bought bigger to give him room to grow. And because of the lovely XW need, Stride Rite is our only place for shoes.
9. Elias loves to give hugs and kisses. We think it's so cute that we ask for them a hundred times a day!
10. His 2nd birthday is one week from Wednesday. It's so unreal to me to have watched my baby grow into a toddler and more into a little boy every day. We are having a party for him on Sunday afternoon at the Little Gym with all his friends from playgroup and school. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ha! I was laughing at your observation that Elias mourns the loss of his hair! Yes, that describes Chase's face perfectly! He was definitely in mourning!
I was going to comment on your blog also about the peanut butter. At first I thought that Chase liked peanut butter, but now I'm not so sure. He doesn't like plain peanut butter sandwiches, or peanut butter with banana sandwiches... only peanut butter and jelly! So I have to ask myself: is it the peanut butter or jelly that he likes!? Mmm... grapes and high fructose corn syrup! I think I need to find some new, healthier jelly! Also, I was thinking, I can't believe you don't like peanut butter because it seems to me that we always like the same stuff because we ate off of the same plate growing up! Are you sure you don't like it!?
I miss you and I think our moms were really lucky. I wish that you lived down the street from me and we could feed our kids LeSueur peas together!