Tuesday, March 6, 2012

a story of friendship

It's funny to me how you can be sister-friends with people even when you don't see their face on a regular basis. There are just some people who get in your bloodstream somehow and never leave. The song below reminds me of them and for anyone who has friendships like Ruth and Naomi, you know what it means to say:

“Do not press me to leave you or to turn back from following you! Where you go, I will go; Where you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people and your God my God. Where you die, I will die. There I will be buried. May the Lord do thus and so to me and more as well if even death parts me from you!” Ruth 1: 16-17

I have always heard that verse used in marriage relationships, but it originated with these chicks, Ruth and Naomi. They had a bond...they were kindred spirits.

Like Anne and Diana.


Like these girls:


Like Beaches.



Like this:


Yep, that's right. There is a bible verse in the same post as the word "ho." That's how I roll...

But you get the point, right? Okay, maybe this song will help...


Also, I love that this is sung in part by Amy Grant! Have always had a soft spot in my heart for her...even through the "Baby, Baby" years!

No comments: