Monday, February 6, 2012

6 on the 6th!

Hard to believe, but our firstborn son is SIX today, on February 6! There is just something about 6 that sounds so big to me. It's way out of toddler range and solidly in school age and I just can't stand it. Last night, I carried Elias down the stairs just to be silly (and downright dangerous with carpeted stairs!) and his legs wrapped all the way around me and then some. I think he will be taller than me by middle school. Ugh...even saying that makes me want to bawl. So, because misery loves company, I thought I would post some pictures AND a song to make you bawl, too.
Happy Birthday, Elias Everett! From your first kicks inside me while listening to Johnny Cash music to the way your eyes shine now at building lego creations and master tracks, I have loved you always and always will.


Baby blues...October 2006


Just learning to walk...May 2007




Big playful grin...August 2008








Thomas the train and a Thumb...May 2009






First day of preschool...August 2010






First baby tooth gone...August 2011




Last picture as a 5 year old...February 5th, 2012


And this one goes out to you, baby boy!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can hardly believe that the children we so PRAYED for are 6. It's super sad and can't get over how big he is. Happy Birthday Elias.