But first an update of what's going on right now. I am on a brief break from school, as summer semester starts up again next week. I just finished my spring semester of Healthcare Operations and Research Utilization and made...ahem....A's! I may not have a clean bathroom and my legs are in desperate need of a shave, but I made A's in another semester of grad school! This summer I will take a health program planning class and begin my clinical hours. My "clinical' hours will not exactly be clinical in nature, but rather involve shadowing a high-ranking nurse administrator at Duke. I have made a few executive wardrobe purchases and am getting very excited to dress the part! In order to meet the hour requirements (160 hours total), I am reducing my work hours to 4 days a week. I will continue to do this through December. Fall 2009 will be my last semester, with only the clinical hours left to complete. That's right, folks....I WILL GRADUATE DECEMBER 2009 with an MSN from Duke!!!! Details to follow, of course, on the big day and the big party, Ammon family style!
Christopher is busy completing the displays for the HUGE project he has been working on pretty much since 2007. It involves thousand-dollar displays to showcase the historical house here in the park and the history behind the family that lived there. It has involved some late nights for him, Adobe Photoshop, and Totino's frozen pizzas (okay, that part is my fault, as I often neglect to prepare a healthy dinner for my sweet husband). The end is in sight for him and I think he is ready to be finished with it. We'll be sure to share the fruits of his labor when it is complete!
Elias continues his love affair with Thomas the train and his aversion to the potty. We encourage him to try (on his Thomas potty...what else) here at home and reward with stickers a Thomas train when he earns 10 stickers. Somehow, I think it's going to be a long process. And if we have learned anything from Elias, it is that we can't push him. He'll do it when he's ready.
And now for the catch-up time...starting with a 1 year birthday party for my friend Melissa's baby boy. Can't believe he is already one!
Next: my first canoe trip down the river in the beginning of April. Carol graciously offered to watch Elias and also let me borrow some of her gear, in order to enjoy a beautiful morning on the river. It had rained, so the water level was perfect and the sunshine made the day perfect.
We spent Easter here at home and attended a beautiful service at our church. We decorated a cross with flowers, which was my favorite part. It took some significant coaxing to get Elias to take pictures after church...finally the power of the cross prevailed.
In preparation for a s'mores evening with some friends at our house last weekend, Christopher and Elias made a concrete fire square in our back yard. I think the pictures show who did most of the work.
In mid-April, Elias and I went to a local school's Spring carnival and had a blast! There was a "track-less" train (and you can imagine who loved that) and tons of bouncy things.
We even had some sprinkler time in their backyard!
Christopher is busy completing the displays for the HUGE project he has been working on pretty much since 2007. It involves thousand-dollar displays to showcase the historical house here in the park and the history behind the family that lived there. It has involved some late nights for him, Adobe Photoshop, and Totino's frozen pizzas (okay, that part is my fault, as I often neglect to prepare a healthy dinner for my sweet husband). The end is in sight for him and I think he is ready to be finished with it. We'll be sure to share the fruits of his labor when it is complete!
Elias continues his love affair with Thomas the train and his aversion to the potty. We encourage him to try (on his Thomas potty...what else) here at home and reward with stickers a Thomas train when he earns 10 stickers. Somehow, I think it's going to be a long process. And if we have learned anything from Elias, it is that we can't push him. He'll do it when he's ready.
And now for the catch-up time...starting with a 1 year birthday party for my friend Melissa's baby boy. Can't believe he is already one!
Next: my first canoe trip down the river in the beginning of April. Carol graciously offered to watch Elias and also let me borrow some of her gear, in order to enjoy a beautiful morning on the river. It had rained, so the water level was perfect and the sunshine made the day perfect.
Carol and Elias caught up with us at the end of the ride and took a little video!
Here is one of my favorite pictures from April...Elias is sporting his pink polo and big boy belt, all while sucking his thumb!
We spent Easter here at home and attended a beautiful service at our church. We decorated a cross with flowers, which was my favorite part. It took some significant coaxing to get Elias to take pictures after church...finally the power of the cross prevailed.
In preparation for a s'mores evening with some friends at our house last weekend, Christopher and Elias made a concrete fire square in our back yard. I think the pictures show who did most of the work.
In mid-April, Elias and I went to a local school's Spring carnival and had a blast! There was a "track-less" train (and you can imagine who loved that) and tons of bouncy things.
At the end of April, we spent the weekend in Richmond with Grandpa and Granny. Boats and trains were involved, so it was a great weekend!
We even had some sprinkler time in their backyard!









3 comments:
Great post, you guys are keeping busy! Hope school ends well and I know Christopher LOVES the PC House :-)
I love the update, Kristen! I, too, am so far behind! Elias is just adorable and growing so much it seems! Congrats on your accomplishments at school!! Wish I could see you... miss you.
love, Shannon
p.s.- I think you should make another trip to your time share in Orlando! :)
Sounds like you guys are always having lots of fun! :) It was fun to go down memory lane with you. Looks like you went through some "rapids" on your canoe trip! Very fun! I miss the Eno. Oh, and your family picture on Easter is so great, what a good looking bunch! :)
Post a Comment