Lately, Christopher and I have been commenting on how much we are enjoying Elias in his current stage of life. 16 months this week and every bit of boy, toddler, and Ammon. He loves to be outside and his favorite activity is taking off down the gravel driveway and to the street. It's quite unnerving how he has no concept of danger. He just wants to explore and be independent.
Below are a few pictures of our May adventures...
He talks a lot of nonsense these days, but definitively says "DA DA" and "AH-DAH" for "all done" when he is finished eating. He claps along to any music he hears, including my various cell phone ringtones. People always comment on how easy going he is...never really loses it...unless you bring him in from outside, of course. Everybody has their limits, right?
The latest news with us is that I have decided to go back to school this Fall to get my masters degree in nursing (MSN). I have chosen the Nursing and Healthcare Leadership Program at Duke, which focuses on the administrative aspects of nursing. The classes are all online and total about 39 credit hours. If I take 2 classes a semester, I should finish by Fall '09, but we'll just have to see how it goes. Elias will go to a little preschool (at Aldersgate United Methodist) Mondays and Wednesdays for 3 hours, in the hope that I might actually be able to get schoolwork done! I applied last week and should hear soon whether or not I have been accepted.
The latest news with us is that I have decided to go back to school this Fall to get my masters degree in nursing (MSN). I have chosen the Nursing and Healthcare Leadership Program at Duke, which focuses on the administrative aspects of nursing. The classes are all online and total about 39 credit hours. If I take 2 classes a semester, I should finish by Fall '09, but we'll just have to see how it goes. Elias will go to a little preschool (at Aldersgate United Methodist) Mondays and Wednesdays for 3 hours, in the hope that I might actually be able to get schoolwork done! I applied last week and should hear soon whether or not I have been accepted.
We are excited about this next step in my career and envision ourselves having more flexibility with jobs/locales. Maybe we'll end up back in Charlotte! For now, we plan on hanging out here at Eno River until I finish. It's not so bad here, really. = )
Below are a few pictures of our May adventures...
Elias got to spend Mothers Day with his Grandma, Great-Grandma Brutscher (who was in town visiting) AND Nana (who had come to babysit). They all had a great day together!



No comments:
Post a Comment